Continuing with our theme of Chakras, today we’re looking at the second of the seven main Chakras, the Sacral Chakra, or Svadhisthana in Sanskrit.
Name: Svadhisthana (meaning ‘One’s own abode’ in Sanskrit }
Location: Sacrum, below navel and above pubic bone
Relates to: Relationships, sensuality and the experience of pleasure, creativity, emotions and manifesting
When the Sacral Chakra is open & clear: You will find that you can blossom as a person. You have dreams and healthy desires, and find that you are more sensitive, intuitive, idealistic and accepting of change.
The Sacral Chakra can become blocked by: Illness, stress, lack of creativity and losing touch with your sensuality.
Some common symptoms of imbalance or blockage: You may not feel very expressive and you can feel uncomfortable expressing or honouring your emotions. There may be issues with relationships, intimacy and emotional instability. These issues can manifest on a physical level. Addictions can also arise as a way to escape difficult emotions.
Questions to ask if you notice any of the symptoms of blockage of the Sacral Chakra:
- Am I experiencing difficulty in becoming emotionally or sexually intimate?
- Am I struggling to have a healthy self-image?
- Do I feel that I am not good enough?
- Do I become easily emotionally overwhelmed?
- Am I suffering from a loss of imagination and have no creativity?
* * * * * * *
If you find your Sacral Chakra is blocked or out of alignment you could try some different methods to see what makes your Sacral Chakra happy. We suggest:
- Acknowledge that your Sacral Chakra needs some love and attention.
- Connect with water.
- Eat orange coloured foods.
- Take time to nourish your creative side.
- Wear orange coloured clothing and jewellery and fill your room with orange pictures and ornaments.
- Use healing crystals such as Carnelian, Orange Calcite, Amber, Orange Moonstone and Sunstone
* * * * * * *
Finally, Affirmations are incredibly healing for our Chakras and we invite you to choose as many of the following that resonate with you and to either say them out loud or silently to yourself, as many times a day as you wish (more is better!). Repeat this over the coming days and then ask yourself the questions once again to see if your Sacral Chakra is healthy once again.
Sacral Chakra Affirmations
- My emotions are balanced and I allow them to flow freely
- I enjoy a healthy and passionate life
- I have joyful relationships
- I am in touch with my feelings and emotions
- I am full of creative potential
- I honour the sacred temple that is my physical body with care and attention
- I open myself to the infinite possibilities of loving connections in all areas of my life
- I am receptive and open to the feelings of pleasure and joy
- I deserve to feel pleasure
- I release feelings of guilt with ease
* * * * * * *
If you’d like to learn more about Chakras, why not take a look at our Chakra Affirmation Healing Diploma Course? You can find full details here.
Or, if you’re looking to combine Chakras and Spiritual Life Coaching, why not take a look at the Soul Alignment – Chakra Life Coach & Energy Healing Course? can find full details here.