In this blog, we’re going to take a look at the ‘Seat of our Soul’, the Heart Chakra. Knows by its Sanskrit name of Anahata, meaning ‘Unstruck’ or ‘Unbeaten, the Heart Chakra is associated with compassion, affection and love and very much influences our ability to receive and give love in our relationships with others and ourselves.
Located in the centre of the chest, the Heart Chakra’s energy is entwined within every part of our being and those around us and fills you with the very essence of love and compassion.
When this Chakra is open, healthy and aligned, you have the ability to freely and unconditionally show love and compassion to others as well as allowing yourself to receive it. It removes the fear you may have to love others as well as yourself, and enables you to forgive, receive love, and accept others for who they are.
Your Heart Chakra can become blocked as a result of illness, stress, and emotional conflict or trauma and signs that it’s become blocked or misaligned include:
- Holding a grudge
- Feelings of loneliness or abandonment
- Being overly critical of others and yourself
- Finding it hard to forgive
- Finding it hard to feel empathy
Some simple methods to rebalance and open your Heart Chakra include:
- Adding some green clothing to your wardrobe or decorate your living and work spaces with green accents. Plants are a great way to add greenery and life to your workspace!
- Include healthy green foods into your diet such as broccoli, cucumbers, green apples, or leafy greens.
Using daily affirmations such as:
I deeply and completely love and accept myself
I am wanted and loved
My heart is open to love
I forgive myself and others
I am grateful
If you’d like to learn more about Chakras, you’ll love the Soul Alignment – Chakra Life Coaching Course! It’s packed with information about Chakra Life Coaching & Healing through the Chakras. Find out more here.